The Office of the City Attorney seeks to deliver outstanding legal services to the City and its citizens by:
- Providing sound legal advice to City officials to help them achieve their goals
- Representing the City in litigation
- Protecting public health, safety, and welfare by effectively prosecuting violations of City criminal and civil ordinances
This website is intended to help make the Office of City Attorney more open and accessible to the people it serves and to increase the public's understanding of its work.
The City Attorney provides services for the City in three main areas: civil, criminal, and administration.
In civil matters, the City Attorney represents the City in lawsuits and advises City officials as they develop programs, projects, policies, and legislation. Areas of law include:
- Environmental Protection
- Governmental Affairs
- Labor and Employment
- Land Use
- Torts (Claims)
In criminal matters, the City Attorney represents the City in prosecuting traffic infractions, misdemeanors, and gross misdemeanors in East Wenatchee Municipal Court. The types of cases prosecuted include:
- Domestic Violence
- Driving Under the Influence
- Driving Without a Valid License
In administrative matters, the City Attorney provides human resource services and information technology services.