Close My Business License

To close your business license with the City of East Wenatchee and/or Washington State visit the Close a Business page.

Business Account

If you close your business, you must close your Business License account. Because the City of East Wenatchee has joined the Washington State Business Licensing Service, you can close your Business License account one of the following ways:

Online with My DOR

To get started, login to My DOR then:

  1. From My DOR Business Licensing and Taxes home, click the Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number for the applicable business name.
  2. Click License next to the location you would like to close
  3. Under the I want to... menu, click Close an Account
  4. Follow the prompts to complete the request

By Paper

Use the Business Information Change form (PDF). Be sure to:

  • Note your Unified Business Identifier number (UBI)
  • Include the date of closure
  • Sign and date your request

Your trade names cannot be canceled unless you specifically request it in writing (letter, email, or fax).

Additional Information

With this information, Washington State will notify other agencies.

The Business Licensing Service will notify Employment Security and Labor and Industries for you if your Business License lists any license endorsements regulated by these agencies.

If your business structure is a corporation, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or limited partnership and you wish to terminate your business structure, you'll also need to contact the Office of the Secretary of State at 360-725-0377 for the appropriate documentation.