Community Development Block Grant Program
Since 2009, the City of East Wenatchee, as an entitlement jurisdiction, receives an annual allocation of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). CDBG funds must be used for projects and programs that principally benefit low and moderate-income persons. The federal statute identifies overall program goals that establish what CDBG funds may be used for:
- Ensuring access to decent and affordable housing
- Ensuring that the community offers suitable living environments
- Expanding economic opportunities
The Community Development & Housing Consolidated Plan (Consolidated Plan) provides information about the community and establishes the framework for using the CDBG funds over a five-year period. Each year an Annual Action Plan is completed listing the projects that are intended to be funded during that program year. The city's program year runs from October 1 through September 30.
On August 3, 2021 the East Wenatchee City Council adopted the 2020-2024 Community Development & Housing Consolidated Plan which includes the 2020 Annual Action Plan, the Draft Regional Assessment of Fair Housing, and the 2021 Annual Action Plan.
- The City’s 2020 CDBG funding allocation is $142,647. Of that amount, $135,000 has been allocated for street improvements to Hamilton Street.
- The City’s 2021 CDBG funding allocation is $147,220. Of that amount, $134,774 has been allocated for street improvements to Hamilton Street.