Summary of Benefits
Eligible employees receive the following benefits:
Employee Leave Programs
- 0 to 4 years 8 hours per month
- 5 to 9 years 10 hours per month
- 10 to 14 years 12.67 hours per month
- 15 to 19 years 14 hours per month
- 20 to 24 years 16.33 hours per month
- 25 or more years 17.33 hours per month
New hires accrue vacation during the first six months of employment. However, must complete six months of employment before vacation hours are available for use.
Sick leave will be earned at a rate of 8-hours per month.
10-paid holidays per year plus 1-paid floating holiday.
Medical Insurance Benefit Plan
The Management/Administrative, Teamsters, and AFSCME groups health insurance is through the Association of Washington Cities HealthFirst 250 Medical Plan ($250 individual deductible plan that pays 90% coinsurance after the deductible is paid). The City pays 100% of the premium of an eligible employee and the first dependent, and 50% of the premium for additional dependents.
Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) VEBA Saving Account
If an employee waives these benefits, the City will contribute $375 per month into a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) VEBA Savings Account in the name of the employee.
The City pays 100% of the premium of an eligible employee and the first dependent, and 50% of the premium for additional dependents. Access the Delta Dental of Washington (PDF).
The City pays 100% of the premium for an eligible employee and the first dependent. It pays 50% of the premium for additional dependents. Access the Delta Dental of Washington (PDF).
The City pays 100% of the premium of an eligible employee and their first dependent, and 50% of the premium for additional dependents. Access the VSP (PDF) (Plan B $0 Copay and VSP® Vision Care).
Retirement Savings Program
Participation in the Washington State Department of Retirement Systems Section 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, allowing a tax-deferred savings (No City matching contributions).
City-Paid Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- New York Life Company Basic Life (PDF) /$50,000 basic life/$50,000 AD&D insurance policy.
City-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- New York Life Company LTD (PDF) /60% of the first $20,000 of your Predisability Earnings, reduced by Deductible Income.
City-Paid Employee Assistance Program ("EAP")
Personal problems are a part of everyone's life. Some of these problems become too big to be solved alone and can interfere with job performance or with home life. The City partners with ComPsych to provide around the clock assistance. Coverage includes access to:
- Confidential Counseling
- Critical Incident Response
- Financial, Legal, and Supervisory Resources
- A Robust Website
Call the EAP (800-570-9315) at any time, or access web resources by creating an account (Web ID is: trusteap71).
- 2021 Health Insurance Rate Sheet (PDF)
- AWC HealthFirst 250 Summary (PDF)
- Delta Dental of Washington Orthodontia Plan-V Summary (PDF)
- Delta Dental of Washington Plan J Benefit Summary (PDF)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (PDF)
- New York Life LTD Summary (PDF)
- New York Life Summary (PDF)
- VSP Summary (PDF)