Report Illicit Discharges

An Illicit Discharge is anything that goes into a storm drain that is not 100% stormwater. If you see an illicit discharge please report it to the City at 509-884-1829, or using our online Report a Concern Form.

Is washing my car at home prohibited?

No, you can continue to wash your car at home just wash your car sensibly so the soapy water does not get into the storm drains. If possible wash your car on grass or a gravel area so the wash water can filter into the ground. Use a hose with a shut-off nozzle to reduce the amount of water used. Pour your soapy water out in a sink or an area where it can filter into the ground instead of down the storm drain.

Can I still drain my pool or hot tub into the road?

Yes, as long as the following conditions are met:
 - The chlorine must be reduced to a level below 0.1 milligrams per liter (mg/L) 
 - The water must be pH adjusted and re-oxygenated if necessary
 - The volume and velocity must be controlled to prevent re-suspension of sediment in the street and storm drain system.