The City of East Wenatchee established a program to award grants to stabilize local, microenterprise businesses who are struggling during COVID-19 emergency closures and public health issues. The City is using $133,970 of Community Development Block Grant - CARES Act funds for this program. The Chelan Douglas Regional Port Authority is managing the grant process.
- The business must be physically located within East Wenatchee City Limits
- The business must have no more than 5 employees (including the owner)
- The business must be able to demonstrate a loss of income due to COVID-19
- The business must have a state and city business license
- The business owner must have a total household income at or below 80% of the area median income. Please see the table below for the income limits.
Grants up to $5,000 are available. The grants can be used for a wide variety of expenses from paying for personal protective equipment to paying utilities and leases.
The grants may be used to pay business operating expenses such as: rent, mortgage, utilities, payroll, inventory, purchasing protective equipment or other business expenses necessary to prepare for or respond to impacts related to the coronavirus pandemic.
Applications will be accepted until the funds have been expended. The application form and information about this program can be found on the Port Authority webpage.
If you have questions or need more information please contact Ron Cridlebaugh, Director of Economic & Business Development at the Port Authority via phone (509) 884-4700 or email.