The City of East Wenatchee is currently closed to the public, but staff is still available. Visit our LATEST NEWS to learn more about what is going on with the City and visit the Chelan Douglas Emergency Operations Center website for a source of centralized information regarding COVID-19.

Close my business license

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

I want to close my business license with the City of East Wenatchee and/or Washington State:

Follow this link:

If you close your business, you must close your Business License account. Because the City of East Wenatchee has joined the Washington State Business Licensing Service, you can close your Business License account one of the following ways: 

  • Online with My DOR
    To get started, login to My DOR then: 
  1. From My DOR Business Licensing and Taxes home, click the Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number for the applicable business name.
  2. Click License next to the location you would like to close.
  3. Under the I want to... menu, click Close an Account.
  4. Follow the prompts to complete the request.

Be sure to:

  • Note your Unified Business Identifier number (UBI).
  • Include the date of closure.
  • Sign and date your request.

Your trade names cannot be cancelled unless you specifically request it in writing (letter, email, or fax). 

With this information, Washington State will notify other agencies

The Business Licensing Service will notify Employment Security and Labor and Industries for you if your Business License lists any license endorsements regulated by these agencies.  

If your business structure is a corporation, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or limited partnership and you wish to terminate your business structure, you’ll also need to contact the Office of the Secretary of State at 360-725-0377 for the appropriate documentation. 

Contact information

State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034 

Phone: 1-800-451-7985
Fax: 360-705-6699